Sunday, June 30, 2024

A New Car--June 2024

 June 30, 2024

I sold all my photo equipment and purchased Fuji equipment; however, the Fuji camera is backordered and B & H has no idea when the camera will be available. I guess I'll be relying on my phone for photos. I just called and spoke to someone who said that even Fuji has no idea. Fuji anticipated that 15,000 people would sign up for the new camera--500,000 signed up. To say that they are overwhelmed is an understatement.

Jori contacted us and she and her girlfriend will spend two days with us at the beginning of August1.  It would be nice if Cousins lobster truck is around--if not we can order in lobsters. Possibly the weather will be pleasant enough to sit outside. I did notice that the bottom of the umbrella stand has rust--as well as the bottom of the large umbrella. And the umbrella is a variegated blue from the folds 

David and Peggy took Zara to a rehab center in San Diego that specializes in treating young women with eating disorders. It's a thirty day rehab program.  Zara is anxious to go--at least that's what she is telling Dave and Peg. 

We purchased a new car--a "radiant red" Honda. (Our old Subaru was thirteen years old). I still need to get used to the seats. There's not car made that is totally comfortable for my left leg. The trick is to contrive a position that does the least damage. I probably should not spend too much time reading in the car. Dorothy is outside attempting to program all the gadgets. She just told me that she can't figure out Google Maps. We have to go back to Honda to get the registration papers and they can help us with navigating the intricacies of Google maps. Life was easier without all these electronic gizmos'  

No comments:

Post a Comment