Saturday, February 27, 2021

GODTIME

 


                               So I call on your name

                               knowing you will answer

                                                       Fisher

GOD TIME

You

Me

We talk

First you

Then me

I ask you how you doing

And you tell me about how you got a traffic ticket

I ask if you can get it fixed

You answer about your uncle joe

who  knows someone 

in the precinct

near Katz’s delicatessen 

named  Bernie

He’s always got some cow blood

on his apron

I ask you

about your bunions 

and if you cut a hole in your sneaker like I told you’

it don’t hurt so much

You’re a mensch

Not like God

Too busy to answer when I ask

Four years ago I asked a Butch

For my  cousin’s daughter Zipporah

The one who has acne

Did God answer

Not yet

God takes Godtime

Could be years

until  God gets to your letter

Maybe God’s doing a needlepoint

for God’s favorite angel

A guy with a name twisted like a pretzel

You

Me

We know about time





2 comments:

  1. Great stuff.Id like to suggest taking a look at a lot around the idea of french fries. What exactly are you looking for though?
    possible? If yes, please contact with me.Thanks.
    Soft Trending

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading. The poem is my interpretation of a particular psalm. I,like the writer of the biblical psalm, ask why G-d answers some prayers and others remain unanswered. Then I suggest that G-time differs from our time and we don’t understand G-D’s sense of time. I’m not sure how French fries fit into the poem.but I appreciate your response. Do you write ?

      Delete